Apply for a UK Ancestry Visa
Ancestry visas are a category to enable descendants of British Born grandparents to return to their ‘roots’ if they meet certain criteria.
- That their grandmother or grandfather was born in the UK, the Channel Islands or Isle of Man at any time (OR in what is now Ireland if born prior to 1932)
- That the applicant holds the nationality of a Commonwealth country
- That they are OUTSIDE of the UK at the time of the application
- That they intend to work and are able to work on arrival in the UK
- That they can support themselves while seeking work
This scheme is open to any Commonwealth citizen over the age of 17 – and includes those adopted where their adoptive grandparent was born in the UK.
What visa will I receive?
- Successful applicants will be granted entry clearance to come to the UK for 5 years
- Applicants may bring their spouse and children
- After five years applicants can apply for Indefinite leave to remain
Costs of the application (UKVI fees)
- Immigration Surcharge fees – £624 x 5 (years) – £3120
- UKVI Fees – £516