Apply for a British Nationality (Registration – Child)
British nationality normally is NOT a right – but is a discretion of the UK Government and if refused there is no appeal right (Although a reconsideration can be requested).
Children in certain circumstances DO have a right to be granted British Citizenship if certain factors are present including:
- They were born in the UK.
- At some point PRIOR to then turning 18 – either their mother or their father was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
It is open to ANY child to apply to be registered if born in the UK – even if the child no longer resides in the UK.
The BNA Act is vast and there are many different scenarios allowing other applicants to register as a British Citizen – Please contact us to discuss your case.
What will I receive?
- Successful applicants will be granted British Citizenship and be issued a certificate confirming their nationality.
- Successful applicants can then apply for the issue of a British Passport
Costs of the application (UKVI fees)
- Nationality fee – (Registration – Child) – £1012