Apply for a UK Marriage Visa (Entry Clearance)
Marriage visas are a category that falls under Appendix FM of the rules, and enable an applicant to be granted entry clearance to come to the UK with / or to join their spouse who is EITHER a British Citizen or Indefinite leave.
- You are over 18 and of good character
- You are married to a British Citizen or civil partnership
- The marriage/ Civil partnership is valid and recognised in UK Law
- Your SPOUSE meets the maintenance requirements under Appendix FM.
- You/your spouse has suitable accommodation in the UK.
- You intend to remain married/ In a Civil Partnership to your partner.
- You are applying from OUTSIDE the UK
What visa will I receive?
- Successful applicants are granted two and a half years to come to the UK.
- Applicants will have complete freedom to work or study in the UK.
- After two and a half years, they can apply for a further two and a half years.
- After a total of five years, they can apply for Indefinite leave to remain and immediately thereafter apply for British Citizenship.
Costs of the application (UKVI fees)
- Immigration Surcharge fees – 2.5 times £624 (£1560)
- UKVI Fees – £1523
How we can help
Marriage applications are highly complex, given the expanse of specific documentation most notably on regards to maintenance.