If you are a student from outside of European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, wishing to study in the UK, you need to apply for a UK Student Visa. In order to apply for a Tier 4 student visa, you will need to have Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) at a UK educational institution that holds a valid Tier 4 sponsorship license.
If you want to study in the UK for a period longer than six months, you must apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa. In this case, the Home Office apply a points-based-system to assess your eligibility.
- have been offered a place on a course
- can speak, read, write and understand English
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility requirements
Visa Application Fees
Tier 4 visa application costs £335 to apply for this visa from outside the UK. You must pay £335 per person for any dependants. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.
Tier 4 Visa Extension
You may be able to stay longer to continue your course or study a new one.
- meet the eligibility requirements of this visa
- be in the UK
- have a sponsor
If you require assistance in extending your student visa or if you facing difficult situations, please contact our immigration solicitors for further details.
Visa Extension Processing Time
If you want to get a decision more quickly than the standard 8 weeks, you can apply:
- for priority service – there’s a limited number of places each day
- to use a premium service centre – you’ll need to go in person
|Application Type||Time for a decision||Cost per person|