Extend a Turkish Businessperson Visa in the UK
This is a HISTORIC immigration route that was made possible by agreements between Turkey and the European Union (known as the ‘Ankara Agreement’)
When the United Kingdom joined Europe, we became part of the agreement freezing our immigration rules in 1973 – which meant that for the last 47 years Turkish citizens could rely on rules from 1973 – which at that time allowed a Turkish national to enter the UK and start a business and to change from a visitor into the business.
This has proven to be a highly popular route. The Turkish community in London is testament largely to its success, and the successful businesses that have grown to benefit the UK.
Sadly with the exit from the European Union, so two was the exit from the Ankara Agreement and as of 1 January 2022, no new applications can be submitted.
Although the scheme is closed to NEW Turkish Businessperson Visa applicants, it is still open for those who were granted visas and who have not yet completed the five years necessary for indefinite leave to remain.
- Those holding Ankara visas already can apply for further leave under the Ankara rules (and)
- Those holding Ankara visas may still apply to bring family dependants to the UK to join them.
- After five years applicants can apply for Indefinite leave to remain
Cost of the application (UKVI fees)
- Extension applications under Ankara (Turkish businessperson) remain FREE
- Indefinite leave applications are chargeable (UKVI) – £2033
How we can help?
Allan Van As has personally assisted many Turkish clients to create and build their businesses in the UK and to make ideas become reality.
Although you might hold an Ankara visa at present, applying for extensions can be a daunting process, as it is necessary to prove the business’s ongoing viability.